With thanks to the CDC
The Illinois Prevention Research Center (PRC) is supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under Cooperative Grant No. U48-DP005010 for 2014–2019.
Illinois PRC’s intellectual home is the Institute for Health Research and Policy of the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC), which fosters and supports multidisciplinary health research across the campus.
In addition to the center’s grant, the CDC supports the Illinois PRC’s collaboration in six CDC thematic research networks, also known as special interest projects (SIPs):
- Healthy Brain Research Network (SIP 14-002)
- Global and Territorial Health Research Network (SIP14-022)
- Managing Epilepsy Well Network (SIP 14-007)
- Nutrition and Obesity Policy Research and Evaluation Network (SIP14-027)
- Physical Activity Participation Research Network (SIP14-025)
- Workplace Health Research Network (SIP14-031)
We thank Regina Sullivan, OD, MPH, project officer, and Mehran Massoudi, director, of the CDC Prevention Research Centers Program for their support of our center and their work for the health of communities worldwide.
Learn more about the federal cooperative agreement that supports our center.
Learn more about Illinois PRC’s collaborations in CDC’s thematic research networks.
Find out what a PRC is and does.